Before you know how to change default google account you should have multiple google account. You often have different google accounts for different purposes e.g. separate google account for your profession and a separate one for social media.
Multiple Google accounts cause a lot of problems while watching YouTube videos to remember, adding google calendar, and many other functions. Having too many google accounts other than default accounts is a complete mess.
However, when you are using google chrome it is quite easy to change your google default account.
Table of Contents
What Default Account is?
A default google account is the google account through which you first sign into the Gmail account. Nowadays there are many different applications of google.
The advantage of using google default account is that it automatically lands you to your default account if you are signed in from any other account than the google default account.
For a single user account your only account is your default account but for multiple users setting a google default account is a bit difficult.
Do you have different google accounts? Are you spending more time on another account and want that account to be your default account? How will you know what is your google default account? You do not want to give access to other people using your account.
The first account you will sign in from Gmail is your google default account. Signing in to a google default account when you already have many accounts is different from signing in to google with a single account.
Things to Consider before Reset Google Account
Resetting Google Account
- Click on the menu from the top of google chrome and select settings option.
- After selecting the settings option, select the Reset and Clean Up option from the advanced details.
- Click on the restore settings to their original details option.
- Click on the Reset Settings button.
- Remember that on different devices you can have different google default accounts.
Changing the Name of your Google Account
- Sign in to your Gmail account. And go to the myaccount.google.com
- Click on the Personal info option and there you can see your Name. Click on it.
- Enter the new name that you want and save it.
Related Article: HOW TO SHARE GOOGLE CALENDAR?
Deleting your Gmail Account
If you don’t need your other google accounts and only use the default google account, you might need to delete your Gmail account from your chrome notebook or any other sources.
If you are using an account from your organization, you might need to request the administrator to delete your account. You might lose your phonebook contacts and data while deleting your google account from chrome notebook and android which are saved on google so make sure that before deleting your Google account you check your contacts and useful data.
If you don’t want to lose data and you need to delete the Gmail account only.
- Click on “Data and personalization”.
- Scroll down the page and select the “delete a service or your account” from the “Download, delete or make a plan of your data” dialog box.
- Click on the “delete your account”.
- Before deleting your account google, will ask you for the password and you need to confirm your password.
- Before deleting your account, you can back up your data and download your data to avoid your google data to lose.
- Check your boxes where you can select which file format of google account data you want to download.
- Create an archive folder of the downloaded files.
- On the delete, your google account tab checks two boxes that are at the end of the page. And click on the Delete Account which will be automatically returned to the home screen.
Changing Google Default Account on Google Chrome
- Before you select your desired default account of google, you must sign out of the already existing account. Go to myaccounts.google.com Sign out from all your google accounts.
- In the google chrome browser go to gmail.com and from the right top of your profile image sign into the account, you want to make your google default account.
Make sure you use different images of your google account. You are signed in the account will be automatically shown there.
Do you want to use different google accounts at the same time? It is very simple. You can sign in to separate accounts by using different tabs. You can also temporarily access your google account.
Changing Google Account on Android
- Go to settings and scroll down to google.
- Select a drop-down after tapping on google.
- Different accounts will appear and there you have to select the account you want to choose.
- Now you have successfully changed your google default account.
Change Google Default Account Using Chrome Notebook
In google chrome notebook you can add different users other than your google default account.
- On the bottom right if your Chromebook selects quick settings.
- Select your google username.
- Select the sign-in from another account.
- Chose the google profile you want to switch.
Changing Google Account for Apple Users
Are you an Apple user? No problem. You can access to your google account after signing in from Safari.
- Sign in to Safari.
- From Apple store download google Applications.
- Now you can sign in to google Applications and set your google default account.
Using extension for switching account
Setting an extension. Use the google account switcher extension. Go to More tools and extensions. Here you will find all the extensions you have installed. To find new extensions go to store. The advantage of using an extension is that it that when you open a new tab it asks for choices from which account you want to login in.
If you are professional user you should also know about some other information.
There are different methods to change the default google account which depends upon your device and for which purpose you want. Default account can be changed either from chrome or either from myaccounts.google.com. For android, you need to change your default account through settings.
I hope you have understood how to change default google account. Thank for engaging with us. Read other informative blogs on our website to get more knowledge.