A printer is one of the most commonly used electronic equipment in the modern world. The ink cartridge is one of the most essential accessories of the printer.
Canon printers have become a very popular choice among home and office users. For many years now, Canon printers have been known to be some of the best printers in the market.
One of the reasons why they are among the top printers is because they are easy to use and have great print quality. If you have a Canon printer, you need to know how to change ink in canon printer.
If you don’t know how to change the ink in your printer, your printer will stop working and you may end up damaging the printer’s head.
So, we are going to discuss how to change ink, so that you can easily replace ink.
Steps to Change ink in Canon Printer
Check for the Right Ink
In order to get the best results from your printer, it is extremely important to make sure that you have used the right ink.
If you’re not sure what kind of ink your printer needs, search for your model either by entering its name in the box on top of this page or by looking at your original Stinkyink purchase receipt.
We will also be able to use your return date and a copy of your original purchase receipt to process any returns for which you did not receive a refund from us within thirty (30) days of purchase due to using the wrong cartridge.
Open Printer Cover
Open the lid of the printer some models may vary but check your user manual. This may be different depending on what type of printer you have.
While the cover is open, slide in your paper and make sure it’s right-side-up before closing the lid.
Remove the Cartridge
Immediately remove any empty cartridge (e.g the black one) and gently press the front down so that it meets the printer firmly, and simply pull it toward you to remove.
You shouldn’t need to apply much pressure so do not pull before you’ve clicked.
Insert the Ink
Insert your replacement cartridge (the printer may need to be reset if it doesn’t immediately recognize the new cartridge).
Depending on your model, you may need to remove some protective tape to uncover the print nozzle.
To insert the cartridge, gently press it into place with the back at an upward angle.
When it’s all the way in, lift the front a little and a little click should be heard as the cartridge gets locked in place.
If not make sure it’s inserted correctly or try removing and re-inserting again firmly until you hear that sound.
Close the Printer Cover
Close the printer cover. The printer will display an indication that it’s ready for use. Make sure your printer is displaying a message that it’s ready to be used.
This message may be different depending on the model of your printer, but it will always be in either the form of text or as a symbol on the touchscreen itself.
Related Post: 7 Best Sublimation Printer for Beginners
Points to Remember While Changing Ink
- It is suggested that when working with any printer, you should use appropriate ink cartridges so as to avoid unnecessary clogging of nozzles and further damaging the printhead. Otherwise, in the event that you need to discard any old and ineffective ink cartridges.
- It would be advisable to first remove any obstructions with a pair of pliers (if necessary) and then replace the empty cartridge before attempting to add some new ink of a higher quality and caliber.
- When preparing to use a cartridge, never leave the cartridge door open in your machine after removing its packaging.
- Remove any and all signs of adhesive from the cartridge itself. When filling an inkjet, always make sure that you consult the manufacturer’s instructions relating to whether or not it is necessary to fill completely with ink or if you’re required to stop before reaching the top – this will differ depending on the type you’re using and we would advise consulting either your product manual or vendor directly in case you have any doubts.
- Use an inkjet with a printing date that has not expired, ensuring that you follow this date if possible.
Printers are one of the modern-day gadgets that have revolutionized the way we live.
There are many kinds of printers available in the market, one of which is the All-in-one printer.
The Canon Printer series is a popular printer that falls under the category of All in one.
It is the perfect printer that can be used for routine office work and for printing important documents.
It is easy to use and has a compact design that occupies less space. Changing the printer ink in your Canon Printer is a straightforward undertaking.
It is critical to take after the manual explicitly as you change the cartridges.
There are many reasons why you need to change the ink in your Canon printer, such as your printer running out of ink, or maybe you want to change the link to a different color.
A step-by-step guide has been written so that you can easily change the ink of the printer. I hope after reading this article you will understand how to change ink in canon printer