Receiving low-ink warning messages and having poor-quality prints are clear indicators that it’s time to replace your ink cartridge.
However, if you don’t know how to change ink in the HP printer, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this step-by-step that shows you how to change ink cartridges on any HP printer model.
Table of Contents
Steps of Changing Ink in HP Printers
- Start the HP printer.
- Look out for the printer’s exterior lid and the print cartridge access door.
- Wait until the printer turns off before continuing with the replacement.
- Hold down on the old cartridge to get it released from the printer’s slot.
- When removing the new cartridge from its packaging, be careful not to touch the copper-colored ink nozzles as this may cause an ink failure or faulty electrical connection with the printer. Instead, open the plastic tape from the cartridge.
- To replace the new cartridge in its correct slot, first, locate the two cartridge slots on your printer. There should be a Tri-color slot on the left, and a Black slot on the right.
- Once you’ve found the correct slots, insert the new cartridges into each one. Make sure that the Tri-color cartridge is inserted into the left slot, and the Black cartridge is inserted into the right slot.
- Gently insert the new ink cartridge into the slot at an upward angle, making sure it’s pushed back until it snaps into its correct position.
- If you think that it is necessary, so replace the Black slot with the new cartridge.
- Shut the ink cartridge access exterior lid.
- You should Re-align an output tray extender.
- On the control panel, you will be pointed that the ink levels on your printer’s display are once again full, and you are ready to print.
By following the steps above, you should be able to change your HP printer’s ink cartridge easily. However, if your HP printer still won’t print after changing the ink cartridge, you should try the following.
Related Post: How to Change Ink in Canon Printer?
Multiple Troubleshooting Methods to Correct the issue through which HP Printer Won’t Print after Changing the Ink Cartridge
HP inkjet printers are designed to use multiple ink tanks to print documents. HP ink cartridges are designed to be easily inserted into the printer.
However, you may encounter compatibility issues if you try to use a different brand of the ink cartridge.
Additionally, you might have difficulty printing after changing to a brand-new ink cartridge. To fix this issue, try using one of the following troubleshooting methods:
You should Remove the Plastic Tape
If you’ve just installed a new inkjet into your HP printer, make sure you remove the plastic tape from the brand-new ink cartridge.
Otherwise, it could clog your print task or create a bad electrical connection that might damage the functionality of your printer.
You should Update the HP Printer’s Software
Even after completing the process of changing the ink in your HP printer, the control panel might still display empty ink levels.
If this happens, don’t worry – it’s likely just a software issue that can be easily fixed by searching for and downloading the latest software update for your specific printer model.
- Visit the support website and insert your printer’s model in the ‘’Locate your Product to get Support’’ box.
- You should download the available software that you want.
- Once you complete the on-screen installation process, so your system is complete with the configuration.
- If your HP printer is working well, print an alignment page or test the printer on another document.
Related Post: How To Scan a Document on an HP Printer?
Clean the Cartridge’s Slot
If your HP printer isn’t working properly, one thing you can try is cleaning the ink cartridge. First, turn off your printer and detach the ink cartridge.
Then, wipe the cartridge off with a paper towel or cotton ball to remove any dust or dirt. Next, put the cartridge back into the printer and turn on the printer. Finally, try printing a page to make sure everything is working correctly.
FAQs about How to Change Ink in the HP Printer?
How do I install a new ink cartridge in my HP printer?
To replace an ink cartridge, open the ink cartridge door and wait for the carriage to move to the center of the product.
Then, press down lightly on the ink cartridge you want to replace to release it, and pull it out of its slot toward you. Finally, remove the new ink cartridge from its package.
How do I know when my HP printer needs ink?
Checking printer ink levels on an HP Deskjet is easy. Just go to the printer menu and look for the special section. Once you find it, just click on it and your ink levels will be displayed.
Can I just replace black ink in HP printer?
The printer has a nifty feature where it’ll automatically switch into single-cartridge mode- meaning you can still print even if you’re out of one of the colors.
So, if you’re ever in a pinch and all you have is the black ink cartridge, you can still get your document printed out no problem!
How long do printer inks last?
You might be wondering how long unopened printer cartridges last. Typically, they can sit for up to two years before being used. This is a long period of time, so it’s unlikely that your business’ decision to buy ink in bulk will be affected.
Nowadays, people are moving towards new technology. There are more and more people who are using printers for their work. To use printers, you need to replace the ink.
If you are using a hard copy and you want to replace it with new ink, then you need to know what type of ink is going to be used.
If you are not sure how to replacement of ink, then you should first consult the printer’s owner manual. You can find this manual online if you search for it by the printer’s model and name.
It will tell you exactly how to change the ink, which can sometimes be a difficult task. If you have any questions, you can always contact the printer’s manufacturer.
If you need to replace an ink cartridge, you have to make sure you change the ink cartridge correctly. If you don’t, the cartridge could get damaged and you would have to replace it anyway.
We hope this article has helped you understand How to Change Ink in the HP Printer. Thanks for visiting our blog! It was great to be able to share some tips with you on how to change ink in your HP printer.
We hope that these tips will help you to continue to use your printer for years to come. We encourage you to reach out to us anytime if you ever have any questions about your printer.