Asus is the name of safety, better user experience, and a big technology brand. Asus laptops are very elegant and renowned for their quality among users.
The security system is advanced, so it’s a headache for you if you ever forget your Asus laptop login password.
A factory reset is often the last way to resolve a persistent computer problem. If you want to sell or give a laptop, this is also essential.
But don’t worry. In this article, you will learn How to Factory Reset Asus Laptop? Windows 7/8/10 without a cd.
You can understand how to reset Asus Laptop Windows 7/8/10 using or without your password by following the step-by-step guideline and simple process.
There is nothing complicated here, as in these three methods you can reset the Asus laptop whenever you want. It is properly described with proper guidance.
When does an Asus laptop factory reset need to be done?
A factory reset can solve different problems because Windows is returned to its default settings and the software is removed.
The driver or software conflicts can be wiped away. It is usually only a last resort when the cause of a problem cannot be identified.
If someone else uses the laptop as his primary device, you will also want to reset the factory.
The reset process removes all your data in order to prevent the next user from using it, which is important for your privacy and security.
You can also re-establish your laptop after a factory reset. It has a clean shelf that allows you to feel that you downloaded too many apps and files and don’t want to pick them individually.
How to Prepare an Asus Laptop for Factory Reset?
Before performing a factory reset, you must back up your files and settings. Using cloud storage or external drives, you usually need to backup files individually.
Backup solutions that create a picture of the whole PC break down the point of a factory reset because all that was on your laptop before resetting will be restored.
Related Post: How to Take Screenshot on Asus Laptop?
Take 15 minutes to an hour without the computer while the reset process is complete. You can cancel the reset while Windows downloads and install files, but after that, you cannot cancel the reset.
Methods to Factory Reset ASUS Laptop
Method 1: Factory Reset Asus Laptop with Passcode
If you already have a passcode on your Asus laptop, you need not be worried about anything. On Windows 7/8/10, you can easily reset Asus Laptop by simply following the instructions below;
- Step 1: You must first log in and access the “Settings” option of your Asus laptop. Then select “Security & Update” and go to “Recovery.” In the “Reset this PC” section, select “Get Started.”
- Step 2: The following screen says “To pick an option,” you must click on “Work Settings Reset.”
- Step 3: Now continue to select suitable choices on your PC, according to your own needs. Continue to select them from the following screen.
- Step 4: On the last screen you must use “Restore” to reset your Asus laptop factory. Make sure your laptop is connected to electricity to provide a proper supply of electricity. You also have to wait a while to finish the process.
Method 2: Factory Reset Asus Laptop from Logon screen without Password
This will work perfectly for you if you don’t have the registration password. On Windows 7/8/10 from the login screen, you can easily reset Asus Laptop.
You don’t have to have your password because you won’t have to log in for this process on your Asus laptop. How to do that here.
- Step 1: First of all, you must go to the login screen and from the bottom right corner, click the power button. The Shift keys must be pressed and kept by clicking on “Restart.”
- Step 2: You will see the “Choose an Option” screen, then select “Remove All,” then click on the “Remove all” button.
- Step 3: You will have to choose “Simply remove my files” or “Clean the drive completely” according to your wishes after rebooting your Asus laptop.
- Step 4: To start the resetting process, you need to click on the “reset” button. It may take a while, so you have to wait and be patient until the process is over. You must keep your Asus laptop connected, as this requires an adequate power supply.
Method 3: Factory Reset Asus Laptop Windows 7/8/10 without Password Using Recovery Partition
You can reset the Asus Laptop to a factory setting using this method for restoring the Asus Windows 10/8/7 laptop without a password.
It is important to note, however, that the method of recovery partition is used to remove every disc data.
This method is therefore not recommended for those who cannot back up their files. Find below the steps for this process to be followed.
- Step 1: First, reboot your Asus laptop or power it up. Then press the F9 button on your screen until your Asus logo is displayed.
- Step 2: When the Asus Inc. logo appears on your screen, a new window will appear requiring you to choose your favorite boot device from the list.
- Step 3: Next, choose the option “Windows Boot Manager.” From the options provided then you will have to select your favorite language, then tap Next.
- Step 4: Select one of the options from the preload wizard which is displayed. The options are: “Recover your Windows to full HD,” “Recover only the first partition for Windows” or “Recover the whole HD with two partitions from your Windows.
- Step 5: Select “Next” to reset the Asus laptop successfully to its factory setting.
Method 4: Reset Asus Laptop Password First
The best way to learn how to reset the Asus laptop into its factory configuration is by using a recovery tool without a password.
We suggest using Windows Password Recovery for this tutorial. You can follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Download the Windows Password Recovery first and then install it on your computer and launch it.
- Step 2: Choose your main interface from the USB drive when you load.
- Step 3: Connect to your PC here and then select “Start Burning.”
- Step 4: Once the password reset disc is successfully created, choose “OK” from the Dialog box to proceed.
- Step 5: Plug the reset password disc into your locked Asus PC, after the steps above and reboot.
- Step 6: Access the Bios setup and select the USB disc before restarting the system. Click Enter after that. The Asus laptop boots from the USD.
- Step 7: You will load the Windows Password Recovery on your laptop Asus. The next one is to choose the Windows system, the user account, and click on “Reset Password.” Next. The password is unlocked right away.
- Step 8: After the windows have been successfully opened, restart the system and log in without a password to your system.
This article is the best guide to help you learn how to factory reset Asus laptop step-by-step guide.
So, you can easily follow any method above if you do not have any knowledge to know how to reset the Asus laptop to factory settings.
However, using the Windows Password Recovery Tool is the best way to complete this process without losing any data and getting a guaranteed result. Keep using the best tool to reset the Asus laptop and get your desired result.
For more information about laptops visit our website.