Gifs are great for communicating ideas in an efficient and entertaining way. It is also a fun way to express your feelings and thoughts without having to say anything at all.
If you have an iPhone, using the built-in camera app is one easy way to create a gif on your own. In this way, you can create gifs from your own videos or photos in just a few seconds.
Just upload the video or photo that you want to turn into a gif and use the various filters available to make it look how you want.
This blog post will teach you How to make a gif on iPhone and also, we will discuss some other tips regarding this.
Table of Contents
Create Gif by using Live Photo
Apple’s latest iPhone camera function, live photos allow you to create GIF animations easily with three-second videos.
When an event happens in a moment of time that is worth sharing but not quite enough for its own picture or video, this feature allows users to capture the movement and sound around them from 1.5 seconds before they took their shot up until 2 seconds after it was taken which results in a moving image stamped through space and time as well as audio capturing your experience at the same exact place where events are happening all across social media platforms.
- You can shoot a live photo by launching the Camera app and tapping on the yellow Bullseye icon. The animation will show in front of you, with your camera pointing at it to capture what happens next.
- You’re looking for the Albums tab in your Photos app. Once you find it, tap on that and then select a photo to edit.
- Tap on the Live Photos option under Media Types. Choose your desired photo and swipe up to find various editing options for this type of media.
- Your screen will show you four different options for your animated photo. Whether it be a loop, live, long or bounce, make sure to choose one that best suits.
- Loop takes a three-second live photo and turns it into an animated GIF.
Related Post: How to Combine Videos on iPhone?
Choose a GIF in Messages
You can create your own GIFs if you’re not satisfied with pre-made ones, but Apple also has a built-in feature that lets you search for the best-fitting animations.
Add one from the images section and send it to friends or family members as well.
- Emoji is a fun way to converse with friends. Open Messages and enter your contact’s name, or tap an existing conversation.
- Tap Find Images to find the perfect GIF for you message or input keywords in their search bar (tap “GIF” on top of screen).
- Once found, simply drag it into your messages
- Then tap Send.
Just use Giphy App
Giphy is a free GIF app that can be found on the App Store. It’s easily one of the most famous apps, but it also has some creative and fun features to keep up its reputation as “the destination for all things animated”.
One such feature is GIPHY Cam which lets you capture your own video clips or photos with different filters in order to make them into shareable stickers.
With this new app Giphy, you can find the perfect GIF for any occasion. Instead of having to sign up and log in like before, all it takes is a tap on your Facebook or Apple account to get started.
- Download Giphy the newest way to enjoy animations, GIFs and videos on your iOS device.
- You can sign in with Facebook or use your Apple ID.
- Open Giphy and go to the camera icon on your screen; this will let you access your photos from Google Photos or Facebook so that they can be used in an animation sequence for our app.
- You can choose from their built-in library of various categories, which include animals on the loose, food time, our planet earth, think loops Add in all sorts of elements like text bubbles with words, emojis galore (you know you love them), clips from movies/TV shows etc., as well as your favorite music for background sound effects.
- Now you have to save and then upload it to giphy. You many share your gif with your friends.
Giphy’s video editor is a wonderful way to make the perfect GIF. With tons of options such as stickers, filters, text and augmented reality (AR) effects at your fingertips you can create something that will stand out from all other gifs on social media.
You never know what awesome creation might emerge.
Use Shortcut to Create GIF from Videos or Burst Photos
Burst Photos are a special type of photo that captures up to ten photos in succession. Collectively they create the illusion of motion as if you were looking through an old-fashioned flipbook animation, but without actually having to shoot video.
There’s a Shortcut app on your iOS device that can help you create animated GIFs. With just one click, it automatically finds any photos or videos from the past week in chronological order and allows you to select them for conversion into an animated GIF with ease.
Changing the format of a photo into an animated GIF can be as with these step-by-step instructions.
- Apple’s new Shortcuts app is a godsend for iPhone 12/11 Pro users, and now you can redownload it from App Store if you need to. The great thing about this preinstalled app on your device is that even though it has shortcuts built in so you don’t have to go through multiple steps every time, the best part of all? You won’t be limited by just one or two apps with these powerful tools.
- This iPhone GIF maker will process a burst of photos and turn them into one animated photo. With the Convert Burst shortcut, you can quickly convert your favorite snapshots to an entertaining gif.
FAQ Related to the Topic
Is Giphy a free app?
Giphy has been in operation for years but hasn’t generated any revenue. Giphy is a non-profit, free service that provides users with an easy way to find and share animated images (or GIFs) online or through other apps on their smartphones.
Why are GIFs not working on iPhones?
For anyone looking to fix their gifs not working on iPhone, one of the first things you should try is disabling the Reduce Motion function. This will limit your screen movement and save battery life which can be a huge relief for those who are constantly checking texts or using Safari all day long. But that same motion-limiting feature also prevents animated GIFs from playing as smoothly so if this has been an issue then there are some ways around it like installing the Gif app (it’s free).
If you’ve been looking for the best ways to make a gif on your iPhone, this blog post is just what you need. The iPhone is a powerful tool that can help you create amazing gifs.
We hope we have given you some helpful insights into how to create those cute little images that are so popular among social media users these days.
Whether it’s making one of our own or downloading an image from the internet, there are many different methods and techniques for creating a gif on your iPhone.
Which method do you think will work best for your needs? Let us know in the comments. I hope that you will understand How to make a gif on iPhone.
For more information about tech this visit our website.