Is your iPhone XR showing a blank screen and not behaving well? Or perhaps your iPhone XR is not responding and you are stuck on what to do? If you are suffering from these issues, then you should need to restart your iPhone XR. So that you can use it well.
As you know there is no home button on iPhone XR. So, to restart the iPhone XR, Apple has introduced a new method. The instant way to restart an iPhone XR is the forced restart. You just have to press the Both Volume up/down button with Power on/off Side button to restart your iPhone XR. The iPhone device will become slower because of excessive use. If you face this problem, don’t panic. This problem can be solved easily.
Let’s discuss in this article other methods of how to restart an iPhone XR?
Table of Contents
How to Restart Frozen iPhone XR?
There are many reasons for your phone to be freeze, it doesn’t turn on or don’t responding. When your phone freezes it shows these problems: the touch becomes unresponsive, the hardware buttons just don’t work. In this article, we will discuss the tips and tricks that can help you to restart your iPhone with little effort and time.
Charge your iPhone
If your iPhone is not working well, charge it quickly. This might can solve your problem. If your phone is not turning on, then your phone needs a reset or software to be updated. If still not working then your phone might need a battery replacement
In order to get rid from all these problem, you should buy latest model of iPhone that works properly.
Force Restart Or Soft Reset
Sometimes your iPhone needs a soft reset, this is a reason your phone is running slow and not turning on. It is quite difficult to restart an iPhone XR. In older iPhone, you can easily power off the phone by just holding the side button usually known as wake button but in case of iPhone XR, it gets to activate the Siri, emergency feature, and Apple pay. So, to restart your iPhone XR follow this process;
- First, you have to go settings◄ General
- Scroll down and press shut down, you will find this at the bottom.
- The slider will appear on the screen.
- Swipe it to power off the phone.
In case if your iPhone XR is not responding to any of command then follow this process to restart your iPhone XR.
- Hold the sleep/wake button and volume button at the same time.
- Slide to power off option will appear on the screen.
- Slide this, and your phone will be powered off.
- To restart the iPhone, press the side button which is the wake button and your iPhone XR will turn on.
This process doesn’t clear any data from your device, it just closes the active apps.
How to Fix Common iPhone Xr Issue?
- If your phone is running slow then restart your iPhone.
- If your iPhone is stuck and unresponsive then force restart your iPhone.
- If you still face the issues then hard reset your iPhone.
So, it depends on you, find out the right troubleshooting problem and choose the best solution to fix it.
How to Restart your iPhone XR if it is Stuck on a Recovery Mode?
Your phone may be stuck on a recovery mode and it may be due to the software issues and iOS update/backup failure. You can easily fix it. Here are some points that you can follow to fix your phone.
- Once you restart your phone, connect your iPhone XR to computer with USB cable to restore your iOS in iTunes.
- Restore your iPhone XR in a DFU mode (Device Firmware Update). If you are stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode enables your iPhone to connect your computer through iTunes.
To enter the DFU mode you have to follow these steps;
- Connect you iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
- First press the volume up button and then release, similarly do it with the volume down button. Hold down the side button and you will see a black screen on your phone.
- Hold the side button and volume down button simultaneously for five seconds.
- iTunes instructions will appear on your screen when you would release the side button but keep on holding the volume down button.
- It will provide you the instructions to activate the DFU mode.
How to Reboot iPhone XR Device with Assistive Touch?
Assistive touch is very useful virtual key. If you haven’t use it, here we will discuss how to operate the assistive touch.
- First you have to go to settings.
- Then click on general > accessibility > assistive touch > click to turn it on.
- Once the assistive touch is activated, click on virtual button > device > restart.
Here are some problems that demands you to restart your iPhone XR.
If Apps are not Responding
There are many apps that make your phone slow down and unresponsive. If you are suffering from this problem then follow the instructions:
Close the app
Spot which app is making your phone slow, once you spot the app then swipe up to close the app.
Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is the best option to fix many of the problems. Press the side button (wake button) to power off the phone and then force restart. Check if any iOS or update pending. Update it on proper time for efficient working of phone.
If this doesn’t work there might be some problem in app. Reinstall the app to fix the issue.
If Black Screen Appears on your iPhone then?
This might happen that your screen got stuck and become unresponsive. It is very bad situation and this happen due to some type of physical damage and after an iOS software update. Although it is an unwanted issue but don’t feel helpless. You can try these couple of things:
- Secure your data with an iOS backup and enter the recovery mode.
- Restart your iPhone XR.
- Restart you iPhone XR by activating DFU mode.
- If there is some physical damage take your phone to the Apple service centre.
To Prevent Data Loss, Perform Backups and then Restart your iPhone
It would be a great loss if you lost all your data. So, backup your iPhone regularly to prevent data loss. These are the main methods to perform the backup.
Backup to iCloud
If your data is less than 5 GB you can easily backup your data to iCloud. It is a good solution for you to do it free. Apple allow you to buy an extra storage. It is easy to perform and if you are busy in some other work then you can easily schedule automatic backups. To perform the backup, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone XR to Wi-Fi connection.
- Open settings, go to iCloud and the backup.
- iCloud backup option will appear on your screen, enable it.
- Press the backup now button if you want to perform the backup at the same time.
Backup to iTunes
Backup to iCloud is a time-consuming process as compared to other and also very limiting in terms of storage. As an alternative you can backup with iTunes to save your data. To perform this backup, you have to connect your iPhone XR to computer with iTunes.
- Go to iTunes.
- It will automatically detect your iPhone XR.
- Tap on the device icon.
- Go to summary and then click backup.
- If you want to perform the backup at the same time then press on backup now otherwise click on automatically backup and select the option where you want to keep your data.
- You cannot schedule the backup so you have to perform it by yourself every time.
If you want to explore more features of iPhone XR, you should read this blog post.
You have to deal with the problems while enjoying facilities. Similarly, when you are using phone you could face several issues such as your phone got stuck while using some app. So, what to do in this situation? Don’t panic and simply restart your iPhone. If there will be some issue in your iPhone it will fix it.
In the above article, I have mentioned all the procedures and ways to restart the iPhone XR. Although restarting your iPhone doesn’t delete your data but it is always advised to backup your data into iCloud or either iTunes. Follow the simple steps to restart your iPhone. If still you are facing any problem, consult your technician.
I hope that provided information proves useful to you and helps you to understand How to Restart iPhone XR?
To get more information about iPhone read other blog posts on our site.