The modern world has seen the rise of new technologies and the emergence of new types of apps. From messaging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, etc. to social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
There are so many apps that you can use on your phones. The most recent app that has emerged is Snapchat that was first released in 2011. After being introduced to Snapchat, many people have found it very appealing.
With over 100 million daily active users, Snapchat has become a popular way for brands to reach their audience directly. The ability to send pictures, videos, text, and now emojis is something that pulls people in.
However, no doubt you have noticed how hard it is to send gifs on Snapchat. You may have even come across different sites, which claim they are the best way to send gifs on Snapchat.
This blog is very different, as it will show you how to send gifs on Snapchat with ease.
What is a GIF?
An image format called GIF (Graphical Interchange Format) was created in 1987 by Steve Wilhite, a software writer from the United States who was seeking for a technique to move images while maintaining the shortest possible file size.
GIFs, in their simplest form, are a series of images or soundless videos that will loop constantly without the need for anyone to push the play button.
Steps of How to send GIFs on Snapchat?
Adding GIFs to your photographs is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps. Here’s how to go about it.
- To log in to your Snapchat account, open the Snapchat app on your phone and log in with your Snapchat username and password.
- Take a picture or select one from your computer’s photo collection.
- To add additional elements to the photograph, select the sticker icon from the toolbar.
- Select the GIF option and then select any GIF that you want from the drop-down menu.
- The GIF you choose will be displayed on your photo or video as a transition. Drag the GIF to the location where you want it to be shown. Alternatively, you can adjust the GIF if you find the default size to be too large or too little; simply pinch or pull the image in the same way you would to zoom in or out on a photo.
- When you’re finished, hit the “Send” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen and choose which friends you want to send the post to, or choose whether you want the post to appear on your Snapchat storey.
Now that you know how to send GIFs images on Snapchat, you can add GIFs to your Snaps directly!
How to send GIFs from your Camera Roll?
Here’s how to send a hilarious GIF file on Snapchat that you found on the Internet, which is in contrast to the prior scenario, where we added little animated GIF emoticons to photographs.
- Check to see that the GIF you wish to send is already in your image gallery.
- Navigate to the gallery and select the GIF.
- Select the Snapchat icon from the share drop-down menu after clicking on the share button.
- The GIF will display on Snapchat, and you can select whether to share it with your friends or to post it as a story on your feed.
How to send GIFs using the Gboard?
Now that you’ve installed the Gboard, you’ll be able to send GIFs within Snapchat conversations. Follow these steps to get knowledgeable.
- Log into your Snapchat account after you have downloaded the app.
- In the bottom menu, select “Chats” from the drop-down menu.
- In the chat, pick the buddy to whom you desire to send the GIF. In the chat, open the keyboard and select the “GIF” option from the drop-down menu.
- You will be presented with a plethora of alternatives to choose from.
- Choose the animated GIF that you want to send.
- Sending the GIF is as simple as clicking on the blue arrow.
That’s all there is to it; it’s that simple! You may now share GIFs with your friends without having to go through a third-party app.
How to send GIFs Messages on iOS Devices?
The GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone allows you to send GIFs to your pals over Snapchat messaging without having to copy and paste them. However, you’ll first need to enable the keyboard functionality.
- Activate the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone.
- Install the GIPHY app on your iPhone by going to the Apple Store and searching for it.
- You will need to enable the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone after the application has been downloaded and installed.
- This can be accomplished by going to the iPhone’s settings menu and selecting “General.”
- Scroll down to the Keyboard choice, and then click on “Keyboards” once again to confirm your selection.
- You will now be able to see all of the newly added keyboards. To include GIPHY in your keyboard, click on the “Add New Keyboard” button.
- Navigate down to the third-party keyboards section and pick “GIPHY” from the drop-down menu.
- Return to the keyboards menu and select GIPHY from the drop-down list.
- Toggle the “Allow Full Access” button to the on position.
You have now activated GIPHY, and in the following step, we will demonstrate how to utilize the GIPHY Keyboard on your computer.
How to send the GIFs using GIPHY Keyboard?
- Open the Snapchat application and select the Chat option.
- Select any buddy to initiate a conversation with them.
- Open the keyboard and long press on the globe icon to bring up the context menu.
- GIPHY will be selected to launch the keyboard.
- Select any GIF from the list that appears to send it to your friends.
- Finally, select the “send” option from the menu.
Using your keyboard, you can now send animated GIFs to your friends.
FAQs Relaetd to the Topic
How to Make a GIF on Snapchat Using GIPHY
GIPHY is one of the most popular and extensively used repositories of animated GIFs, with GIFs for virtually all genres, events, emotions, and expressions.
GIPHY provides animated GIFs for almost all occasions, emotions, and expressions. These animated GIFs can be shared on your favorite social networking websites, such as Snapchat, Facebook, and others, without the need for you to download any files to your smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
Why won’t GIFs work on Snapchat?
If you are attempting to communicate GIFs on Snapchat via conversation or by including them in an image. However, when you click on the GIF button, the feature will not function. Alternatively, if you are still unable to send GIFs on Snapchat after attempting the procedures outlined above, you will first need to upgrade your Snapchat application.
Because the GIF feature was only recently implemented, you will need to update the application to the most recent version in order to take advantage of all of the new capabilities.
Using animated GIFs while conversing with your friends and family will exaggerate the message you are trying to get across. Because of this, practically every chat messenger tool, including Snapchat, now allows GIF files, which you may send and receive during your chattings.
Here, in this blog, you have learned some basic methods of how to send GIFs on Snapchat while chatting with your family, friends, or coworkers via the messaging service.
For more information about Snapchat visit our website.